Sunday 3 June 2012

Worm of the deep


I am becoming a dragon.
I’m a “worm of the deep”, a snake with a dragon head and stumpy sturdy feet.
Golden stripes embellish my luminous greenish skin which is covered with tough shimmering scales with red rims.
At the beginning of my transformation I didn’t realize what creature I was turning into, but I didn’t care, I wasn’t going to get more dreadful than I already am.
All I knew, was that I was getting more powerful with each time I molt my skin, right then something revolutionizes within me and my body changes its physical structure in a way I cannot comprehend.
I developed in an extraordinary way, unlike all the other snakes around me, my pride was boosted. I felt that I would use the license to be conceited - given my ancestors whom I've never seen but their warm-blood runs through my body.
I was always different from the moment I broke out of my soft egg, unlike other snakes or reptiles, I don’t need the sun to stay warm, I get heat from my inner body.
For almost all my childhood I've been raised as a snake, an ugly fierce snake.
Throughout my early stages, I was always mocked by many other snakes because of the way I looked and they all stayed away from me. I didn’t know that I was another breed, and that those helpless creatures were not my kind.
I am waiting for the next time I molt my skin, when I’m going to extend my wings and be able to fly, to stalk all who ever made fun of me and make them taste the sour flavor of my revenge.
I will haunt them with my acid breath and paralyze their spiral bodies with my power.
I’ll pierce their eyes like a vicious bird and burn them blind.
Their hushed hypnotizing tongues won’t whisper any longer and their venom won’t be valuable anymore as for once they will all get that feeling, the feeling of what is it like to be a prey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment